Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What's Goin' On.......


Since I last posted about the joys of July 4th, July has come and gone (almost) and it has definitely not been a good month. From the highs to the lows..........Vacation Bible School ran the week beginning the 13th. I was lucky enough to be able to take the Mighty Matt and the Curiously Cute Christian with me. We picked up the boys before dinner, fed them took them to VBS and then Mommy picked them up. It was wonderful having the little darlin's but it kept me running. The down side is that the Lovely Lucas couldn't (or wouldn't) come or that week would have been complete. I worked in the crafts for the week with the Kindergarten thru 2nd grade. Not a bad bunch of kidlets, but some of the teachers I seriously considered laying hands on and NOT in the pentecostal manner! We put together a quilt top made of hand prints to send to the missionaries that we sponsored that week, now my task, and one I am dreading, is trying to get someone to actually quilt it for me.


In the middle of this, the sump pump went belly up. Now those of you who have sump pumps, KNOW what happens when that happens. Our sump also handles sewage, so we were just thankful that it went when the tank was filled from laundry drainage and not, well, you know. We actually had to have a plumber in (much to Joe's chagrin, he likes to think he can fix ANYTHING). We were upset as it had failed earlier (6 years ago) and we thought it should have had a longer life span. We called a different plumber and found out that the last installation was with a rainwater sump, made only to pump out ground water, not sewage (no wonder it burned out) and when he replaced it with the RIGHT pump, everything worked better than it had after the last installation (no wonder) and he charged us $500 for the pump and his service time (if any of y'all live near me call RL Mu th - they rock) and 80% was the cost of the pump. The last guy charged almost that amount earlier.


Also, I FINALLY got another set of wheels. A '96 Jeep. Nothing fancy, but it gets me where I am going. We are also acquiring a '90 Chrysler New Yorker. Seems that Jamie will be doing student teaching soon, so alas, we will have another driver in the family. At 18, she will finally be getting her permit and learning to drive (this was 'our' decision -or should I say her father's decision, not hers). Now to sit on pins and needles to see what the results are for her loan applications for school. We need to get this taken care of ASAP, but other things kept coming up sorta like mushrooms in the dampness, you think you got it all taken care of, then more pop up.


Now the worst part. Baby boy, the Mighty Matthew, ended up in the hospital this weekend. He went to the local and they sent him to Children's Hospital in Philly. He had an intestinal blockage that needed to be surgically removed. Now dont' get me wrong, CHoP is THE finest children's hospital in world as far as I am concerned, but my grandbaby shouldn't have to be hospitalized. I cried and I prayed and bought him stuff. He was lucky, they removed the problem and sent him home, so I didn't get to the hospital, but was able to go by the apartment and give him all the little books, cars and toys I bought to keep him occupied (ie: "still" - yeah, right, he's five). In the interim, I also found a knapsack for school for him "Lightening McQueen'.....and that now opens a whole 'nuther can of worms.....My baby is starting kindergarten!!!!! (baby Matt in his penguin hat)


More when the eyes stop leaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment